Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

Unreal how quickly time passes as I get older...or, well, technically as McKinley gets older. I've noticed how much faster everything flies by when you have a child. We hold on to each morsel of time as best we can, and this year we have made some amazing memories, had our share of obstacles and enjoyed as much of life as we can.

What a big year it has been...once I was finally well in February (after a long haul of bronchitis)we had some renovating to do. A new HUGE and gorgeous window, a bath reno, a big boy room (sniff, sniff), a new playroom and paint, paint, paint...it looks pretty sweet! I'm proud of our efforts and our DIY-ish-ness (that IS a word...right?) More on the books for 2011...paint, paint, paint! hahaha! But below, our updated version of the post-Christmas playroom re-do. I LOVE how the PLAY hooks turned out, LOVE the new layout of the room (my smart hubby's idea!) and adore those stinking chairs. I recovered them myself, they were a vintage find, rusty and out of the 70's, I gave them new life after removing the rust and giving them a new cushion made of BASKETBALL! Who knew you could buy actual basket ball material???
























We had some big festivities mid-year. McKinley was fabulous, best ring-bearer ever...I'm just sayin'. A fun little vacay to St. Louis with the Semmler Family - a total blast for us all and other trips in the works. McKinley's 3rd birthday and party, potty training and starting PRESCHOOL! This fall was packed (seriously...packed) with activities galore: field trips, our 6th wedding anniversary, Halloween and a party, DISNEY WORLD (which I proved I can talk about for days - see post below), Christmas program at school, and the best Christmas ever!

Tonight it is time to turn over a new leaf, see what 2011 brings us. So far it guarantees a milestone of 10 years as home owners, two ten year old cats, twelve years of Lynn & Cary, a four year old who is growing too fast and many other wonderful things, I'm sure.

To 2010, you gave us a run for our money in a few instances (late May was a major emotional challenge and we will never forget...), but we had a great one as always!

Happy New Year!
Lynn


P.S. My favorite family photo of 2010...Disney style! Well, okay...one of like 10 favorite...give or take.












No comments: