Last night was quiet, but fun no less!
My Mom asked to take McKinley to lunch to have their own little celebration (cute!), so I jetted off to run a few errands and prep for tonight.
Savannah & Austin came to visit for a little while and we all had fun playing together. McKinley & Savannah gave Cary, Rick and I an awesome concert with McKinley as drummer, Savannah as lead guitar and both were the band's featured singers. Oh, does this bring back memories...I was always planning a show or a concert (my poor parents...) on the piano (which I couldn't play worth a ...). I loved every migraine-instigating moment though because I remember how much I got out of those little performances. I hope it lasts a long time!
After Rick and the kids headed home, the three of us ventured to our sort-of-annual NYE dinner at Outback. It was yummy but we were all really tired, so after that we went home. We played games, watched Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve (tradition...) and popped open some bubbly. McKinley's bubbly was a lovely FRENCH Sparkling Apple Cider. French. Serious. But when I saw it, I had to...and I tasted it. SO DARN GOOD! Wow!
We toasted to the new year, donned the annual NYE flair and posed for a family self-portrait and pretty much called it a night. Seriously, we were tired!
The hour didn't matter, we had the perfect evening at home after having spent time with family and good friends.
Happy New Year!
Lynn
McKinley's sparkling cider & our silly action shot!








No comments:
Post a Comment