Five years seems like such a milestone, for some strange reason. Five long years without my Dad. Miss him, think of him all the time, wish he were with me but for an instant...just long enough to get a taste of what an amazing and beautiful little person his grandson is...
I know he is in my heart, with me all the time. I have so many wonderful memories of my parents and I as a child, so many wonderful memories of just me and Dad after the divorce, after we made things right between us. I am eternally thankful for such blessings. I'm thankful for the laughs we had over making those wedding CD favors, thankful for having him by my side to walk me down the aisle to Cary on our wedding day. Thankful to have shared so many conversations while he was in the hospital. And so thankful to have been right by his side until the end.
But being thankful doesn't take the pain, loss or grief away. It doesn't take away the fact that he will never be there to open presents with us on Christmas Day, or to sing Happy Birthday to McKinley...or to make that familiar morning call I received from him each birthday, my 21st was the funniest by far, yikes! I still get those great calls from Mom.
With that, I again express my thankfulness...I am thankful to have had such an amazing Dad, a wonderful, memorable childhood with both parents who loved me so much. It shaped who I am as a parent today.
Love you so much Dad...love you SO much.
Lynn
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment