

What a fun, fun morning! St. Pat's preschoolers, parents and teachers braved the 2 hour delay, snow, ice and wintry weather for good reason today...the Christmas Party! When McKinley and I arrived we began putting McKinley's stocking stuffers in the kids' GIANT stockings. McKinley, Nonna and I worked together to make the hot cocoa mix we bagged with marshmallows and placed inside the "color your own" Christmas mugs for everyone. I tied a bow around each of them with an adorable little Christmas Tree slinky and made tags as well. McKinley LOVED throwing them into the stockings...I just hope they all arrived home in tact!

We ventured in the room where McKinley and his friends began by singing and dancing, jingle bells in hand, to Christmas carols. Soon, Miss Kymberli corralled the kids for prayers and the good times began!
Truth be told it was all kind of blurry, good blurry because it was so fun, but I can't remember if I did our craft then. Hmmm. Anyway, I signed us up to provide the craft for the party and had a lot of fun in my quest for a good preschool craft. I settled on a wooden spoon reindeer and they all turned out so cute! I think the kids had fun...and mommies too...except maybe for all the glue dots that got stuck on each of them! Quickly we moved on to the next thing...SANTA!!!!!!!!!

Santa was a great surprise for everyone. The children were so happy to see him! McKinley was very observant, watching each of his friends take their turn on Santa's lap. When it was his turn he took it pretty seriously. He answered all of Santa's questions in a very matter-of-fact way, and when Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas McKinley very seriously explained he wanted a big bicycle and a big drum set (at which time each and every mother in the room - and there were a lot of us - breathed, "OHHHHH. A DRUM SET????" Yes, my fellow mommies. And I have asked Santa for migraine meds! But how fun it will be to have a musician in-house...look out John Mayer because McKinley can rock it and he is just as handsome! Seriously, I CANNOT wait!).
McKinley got down, took his candy cane, thanked Santa and then requested I take off the wrapping of his candy cane. Ooof. Other children had done the same, so how could I say no? You can see the evidence left over on McKinley's chin/mouth area in the group photos. Nice! hahahaha! After Santa left it was time for treats! This is a special party so non-healthy treats are totally allowed! Cupcakes! McKinley took that very seriously too...

With treats, Santa's visit and our craft over it was time to go. We picked up the GIANT stocking and all headed on our way to send off our kiddos for a sugar-induced nap before the big Christmas Program in the evening. I had so much fun being a part of McKinley's school party. What a great day!


The evening was just as much fun too! The inclement weather meant the Cary's parents and my Godparents were unable to come - the roads were TERRIBLE. Icy with snow on top = not good for travel. So our big dinner plans came to a halt, but Nonna joined us for the program. I got to go 'backstage' with McKinley (THAT brings back many memories of my own stage days) to get him ready. I felt like a stage Mom! hahaha! And I loved it! We were all back there getting the kids ready. McKinley's buddies Dominic and Isabella were PRECIOUS as a cow and an angel, respectively.

Soon it was time for them to hit the stage, so stage-Moms out. Cary recorded the entire 3 minute song while I tried to snap some photos from a mile away (when will I remember to bring that telephoto lens???). McKinley was the first sheep on stage. What a big boy job! He had to lead his fellow sheep to their spots, right next to Mary and Baby Jesus! That's my boy! See? He DOES have some of 'me' in him! He was a natural!
We were all so proud.
And yes, I totally got teary.
I just cannot believe he is in school already.

We let McKinley play in his classroom with some of his friends for a few minutes after their performance and soon headed out for dinner. Nonna didn't want to join us, but the three of us enjoyed some yummy Friday's! Our performer's choice!
What a big day for our little boy. Like I said - I just can't believe all the amazing things he does already.
This has been such a fun Christmas!!!!!!!!
Lynn
Miss Kymberli's 3 year olds: Dominic, McKinley, Eleanor, Isabella, & Valentina
No comments:
Post a Comment