Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zoo Boo #2!

It's time again for the annual Zoo Boo! We were so excited to have the opportunity to go again, but before we hit the zoo we had two lovely family gatherings to attend. This week my Aunt Gayle & Uncle Bob were in the Indy area for a wedding, up from Tennessee. We planned an early breakfast, but were forced to meet a little later than we planned due to heavy rainstorms on our way. I think everyone had such a great time, and I know McKinley got a real kick out of playing checkers with Aunt Gayle and opening his brand new 'smart' golf balls from his Great Aunt & Great Uncle.

After breakfast we began our trek to Carmel for my Godfather's 70th Birthday Open House. There were so many people and it was really great to see everyone! I think my Godfather had a really special time...my favorite part was when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him as he stood in front of the cake with his two granddaughters under his arms. What a special moment!
Next, it was on to Zoo Boo where we met the Semmler family. Due to the craziness of the day and again some weather delays we were a little late meeting everyone, but when we arrived McKinley and Savannah were so thrilled to see one another all dressed in their Halloween costumes. Those two are just precious...

We had a lot of fun with pumpkin bowling, trick-or-treating, riding the train and the spooky backward carousel. As always the Zoo festivities are so wonderful, and the company is the best!

I admit, after three really big events we were all really, really exhausted (and I think you can totally tell in our family photo from zoo boo) but it was so worth it. McKinley fell fast asleep on the way home and when we finally arrived I simply put him in his pj's and let him sleep all night through.
We love October, no matter how packed our schedules!

Lynn



No comments: