
Yeah, so this is the busiest weekend EVER for us...LITERALLY.
This morning was yet another awesome build & grow clinic where McKinley and I made an adorable flying bat! SO CUTE! This one was a little harder than I expected, but we still did it! And it's really cute...

After Lowe's, I stopped by for a special treat for McKinley - a Starbucks Hot Chocolate! Yum! They have a kids size, which I discovered a few weeks ago, and it's the per

fect size for McKinley. Though...confession...I ordered a tall this time so we could share. hahaha We met up with my Mom and stopped off at Toys R Us for their Lego Party where McKinley made a cool lego car that he could race with the other children's cars. We stayed until the party was over, many of the other children had already left. I'm so glad we stuck around playing with the legos because the TRU staff gathered bags and loaded them up from the HUGE box of legos from the party. Each child who was still there when the party was over got a massive bag of legos! I couldn't believe it! The bag must weigh 3 pounds! McKinley was really excited and I know he'll put good use to the legos. And as my Mom pointed out, I will have hours of fun plucking them out of the container on the vacuum...hahahaha. Seriously though, I'm sure we will all have fun with them!

After lunch at Panera we headed home for a brief rest before Karen & Dennis' annual fall gathering. The Semmler Family came again this year and we had a great time. All of the parents stood outside the playhouse watching and listening to our children play various pretend things together. McKinley was our server and came to take our order and continued to check on us throughout our 'meals'. The funniest part was when Marianne, Karen's daughter was giving McKinley her 'order', first asking for a cheeseburger...McKinley exclaimed, "We don't have any cheeseburgers!" So, Marianne went for a grilled cheese - which is what I ordered. "We don't have any grilled cheese!" Okay, so Marianne asked what they had and McKinley replied, "Ohhhhh, pancakes." So, pancakes it was! Funny kids...
We had a really busy but wonderful day and I'd say McKinley definitely made out like a bandit. I love the fall and all the awesome activities on the agenda!
Lynn
P.S. LOVE the photo above! McKinley requested I take a pic of him with his hands in his apron pockets with all the patches on his apron. One year ago this week we began attending the Build & Grow Clinics! I'm amazed at that little apron and it's proud owner! And that Mr. Serious face? LOVE! Looks just like his Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment