It didn't take McKinley long to get it...maybe after the first house? When there is candy involved -a rare treat - look out! We started with the first house with the porch light on, at first he was a little timid, unsure. The next house was several houses away and half way there he broke out in a run shouting, "There's one! Look! Their light is on!" And thus begins a new chapter of Halloween for the Vernon Family. McKinley tore up the Boulevard and loved every second! At the end of the 'route' we walked home for some hot cider and ventured off to visit friends and family. I didn't have a great opportunity for photos this year, I did however manage to score lots of pictures of the BACK of McKinley! I think as McKinley and the children we visit are getting older, out of the baby stages they are much more 'all over the place' and less likely to stop for snapshots...take whatcha can get!
McKinley chose his very own costume this year and what a choice! No one was surprised that he was a fire fighter...and a very, very cute one, I might add. He had several ideas: rock star, Superman, train conductor, but in the end that big red hat and muscle-revealing uniform won him over. I'll admit, I was really looking forward to a rock star, but my little fire fighter was awesome, and quite studly with those foamy pectorals and 6-pack. Funny!
We had a great time this year, as always, and can't wait to see what's in store for next Halloween!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment