Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Party

This evening we hosted our very first Halloween Party for many of our friends. I cannot even explain how much fun we had! And I cannot even explain how much fun I had prepping all the little games, decorations, food, treats and more! Cary and McKinley definitely got in on the act too, McKinley was a big helper with the treat bags, he absolutely loved stuffing them! McKinley also enjoyed helping me make cute little bean bags for one of the party games. Cary helped with decor - he's so handy! And he definitely saved the day in mounting the GIANT cat face for the games - whew!

We were lucky to entertain such guests as D.J. Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba, Indiana Jones, Dorothy & the Lion, Spider Girl, Curious George, a ladybug, Dracula and lovely witch, two 50's era sock hop dancers and many more! It looked pretty cool to see all those kiddos dressed up in our backyard, so much fun!

When it was time for the games to begin we started with the pumpkin ring toss, then the can toss game, and finally the huge black cat face was attacked by bean bags! It looked like everyone, young and not as young, enjoyed themselves with the games.

We had lots of food too, my favorite were the spooky cupcakes! Yay for Baesler's! The cupcakes were delish and looked awesome once we placed the wraps and picks in them. LOVE it!

The night came to an end just after I read a funny ghost story, "Big Hairy Toe". Let's just say that was the show stopper for the little kids. We rounded them up for 'circle time' and I told the story, and every.single.time. I said "Big Hairy Toe" the kids erupted into hysterics. And there were a LOT of "Big Hairy Toes" in the story. I almost couldn't finish for laughing so hard! While people were leaving we threw on "The Great Pumpkin" for posterity...it's a classic. The kiddos were curled up together with popcorn cones in hand...it was precious.

We are blessed with such wonderful children in our lives - and their parents too! We loved having everyone over and hope to do it again next year.
Happy Halloween!
Lynn
P.S. For the record, I do NOT wear THAT much make up all the time - lol. Cary and I dressed as Rock Stars! By the time we photographed ourselves Cary had peeled his full-sleeve tattoos, gloves and chains off...no fair!

No comments: