Saturday, June 26, 2010

Vacay to the 'Lou

We just got home last night from our fun trip with the Semmler Family to St. Louis. It was a whirlwind tour of the city (kind of literally, thanks to OnStar...) and most of it we got to see through the eyes of two almost-three-year-olds! In three short days we visited Grant's Farm, The St. Louis Zoo, The Arch, The Magic House Children's Museum, had a fun-in-the-pool night, dinner al fresco with McKinley announcing that he'd poopied on the potty and lots of other wonderful memories. I especially love the memories of Rick curbing their car not once, but TWICE with all of us inside. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. In his defense, the curbs DID appear flat...kind of.
Our hotel stay was great, the kids were wonderful (and utterly adorable, especially when getting their faces painted...so cute) and the city did not disappoint. We love St. Louis and have visited often over the course of our years together, this trip was definitely more focused on McKinley & Savannah but so worth it! I think at some point, each of us got to step back in time a bit to relax and remember what it was like to be a child. We even got to get our hands in on all the fun!

What a great trip and wonderful time with such good friends! Can't wait to do it again!
Lynn

No comments: