Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two Strawberry Festivals in one week!

It's June in Indiana, which typically means RIPE STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!
This year, Cary found an 'extra' strawberry festival for us to attend...in nearby Rosedale. On Saturday, we visited the fest along with Nonna. We were all served up a HUGE portion of yummy goodness. McKinley was really more interested in the band setting up and all the people around (in true people-watching style...it must be inherited. I can think of a few people in his immediate family who love doing just that). At this festival there was a special selection of kiddie rides, McKinley chose to ride the ponies. Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised at how easily he has taken to the riding and feeding of ponies and donkeys lately!
This evening was the Terre Haute Strawberry Festival...and when I think of that, I think of this post from 2008: McKinley's very first. Awww, cuteness! Our baby!

This time around our boy is a little older and accompanied by his buddy, Savannah! Thanks for the invite, Semmler's!

McKinley and Savannah didn't pay much attention to the festival's namesake - though I must say I enjoyed that shortcake! Instead, they wanted to play! When they each saw the horse and carriage rides they were awestruck. So, we left Cary, Rick and Austin on the ground while Robin and I took the kids for a ride. McKinley and Savannah got to sit up front with the 'driver???' for half of the ride and I don't think he was quiet for more than a second! As we passed by all the familiar surroundings he happily pointed out the fire station, the Indiana Theater, where we had just been the day before, our car, and even the red lights...all while holding Savannah's hand! Too cute. Savannah quietly enjoyed the ride and tolerated McKinley's tales of their adventures together. They were pretty darned precious sitting up there together. Rick took a photo of them sitting atop the wagon, I'm planning on getting a copy of that pic...it's too cute to not have!

After chatting with friends, devouring the shortcake (dessert before dinner??? WHY NOT?!) and taking our little downtown ride, we all walked over to Wise Pies, the new downtown pizza place. Everything was yummy and the company was great, as always!

And so begins the Festival Season!

Lynn

No comments: