Their first evening in town we met them at their campsite. We had dinner together inside their camper (dubbed a 'BUS' by McKinley), and soon Cary was off with his Dad for his weekly softball game. Denise (Mammy, aka my Mother-in-Law) and I took McKinley on an adventure through the local KOA. We bought some ice cream cones filled with DONKEY FOOD at the welcome center...to feed four sweet little donkeys on site. My, they were so happy to see us! I wasn't sure how McKinley would react to feeding the donkeys, but to my surprise he was thrilled at the opportunity! After the donkey-feeding time we visited two playgrounds: one for McKinley, one for Cody (my furry brother-in-law). By this time, it was time to go. We made plans for the next day and away we went.
In the afternoon, we met at our favorite local park for a little picnic and play time. I'm shocked McKinley was able to concentrate long enough to swallow what little of his lunch he did eat. Mommy had chosen a nice spot right next to the newly-functioning train! Not my smartest move, but who cares! We were all having fun! Grandpa scooped McKinley up and off they went on a little train ride. He came back with perma-grin...from ear to ear.
Onto the playground where, as Daddy & Mommy know very well, McKinley could happily stay for HOURS. I hung back and tried to give Mammy & Grandpa some special time with McKinley. Cody and I grabbed a big bench swing and enjoyed the cool-ish breeze. Suddenly, a light rain came and we relocated back at our house where McKinley was pleased as punch to show off his new big boy room.
Later that evening we had dinner together and said goodbye. We so enjoyed the visit and can't wait until next time. McKinley will be talking about this for weeks!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment