Lately we are all noticing rapid changes in McKinley. He's truly come out of his shell, openly asking questions to strangers (yikes, gotta work on that whole 'don't talk to strangers' thing soon...), and chit chatting with EVERYONE. The random elderly woman, seated on a bench at the mall was quite taken aback when McKinley paused as we walked by to announce to her that, "I pushed the elevator button!". She had no idea what to say. Another woman at my Mom's office actually missed her elevator because she was also so caught off guard by McKinley's quizzing, "Do you like elevators? I LOVE elevators. I like to push the button."Our server at Applebee's the other night was officially GOBSMACKED when McKinley asked him to play the guitar on the wall. The guy dubbed him "one-cool-kid" and wished for him to learn to play guitar someday.
We learned that McKinley's buddy, Savannah was not feeling well. When we mentioned it to McKinley he promptly requested to call Robin (Savannah's Mommy) to check on her. Okay, I did! I left Robin a message (we were all wondering how she was), and when Robin called back, McKinley started pulling on me to get the phone. He took it and said, "Robin? Is Savannah sick? Is she better?" I could have cried! So sweet!
This week, while I was working around the house I heard McKinley padding down the hall saying, "Mommy! LOOK!!!" I turned to find my ham wearing his Easter pail (now used as playroom decor) on his head.
Later that night it was time to take out the trash. McKinley requested to go with Daddy, who obliged. McKinley was literally squealing with joy at the thought of performing a big boy task with Daddy. He even made sure to come tell me, "Bye Mommy, I taking out the tash with Daddy!" Had to snap a picture of it! The other night, post bedtime stories, while cuddling a bit before bed, McKinley started his usual routine of kissing various facial features (and I in turn kiss his...I will miss this terribly when I am old and gray. He will say, "Kiss eyes?" then kiss my eyes, "Kiss nose?" then kiss my nose, etc. When he has run out of features he puts his hands up and says, "Hmmm! What else?!"). He paused to tell me, "Mommy, my eyebrowns are tired". Eyebrowns being his word for eyebrows...I worked so very hard to not let out that giggle bubbling up. I took him very seriously, especially when he asked if MY eyebrowns were tired.
My favorite goofy saying of McKinley's, as of late, is this; today I was manning a slight fit at Nonna's house (my Mom). I leaned down to correct McKinley and picked him up. He hugged me, started playing with my hair and said, "You're a GOOD BOY, Mommy."
I melted.
My sweet, sweet boy!








No comments:
Post a Comment