Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby!

Boy, Mother Nature sure has a way with completely freaking a person out, and at the same time leaving them breathless.

Guess that's a woman for ya...

Well, Mama N. was in rare form this eve. She laid it all out there. Rain...in TWENTY NINE DEGREE WEATHER? Weird. Just weird.

As the evening went on you could look outside and see a glaze on EVERYTHING. I took photos of a shrub outside our front door through the entire storm.

About 2 hours in: when I touched the shrub is was starting to get 'crispy', if you will.










The next morning: Encased!















Day 3: This thing will not move! But it is gorgeous!















I was taken by the beauty of the ice and got brave enough to try standing ON the ice, I took so many photos! Isn't it amazing how something so beautiful can be so very dangerous!

Lynn










































































The last photo is of our brave little transformer. I would swear it was the only one left in the city after hearing them blow over and over again. This little guy only gave us a little flicker a few times and one very brief outage...miraculously! Had to photograph it just for posterity.

No comments: