Ummmmkay..........
So I began the process of getting estimates for new facia in the front because our contractor was covered up with jobs (due to the ice) and could not help. The estimates I received were for WAY more money that either of us wanted to shell out and having been long-time DIY'ers we thought we could tackle the task ourselves and save well over 75% of what was quoted. So, we set out to paint and hang the facia on our own. That Sunday, while McKinley was napping, I painted the new facia boards as Cary pulled off the old and prepped for the new boards. Once the new boards were dry Cary began hanging them while I served as scrub nurse, co-pilot, gofer, etc. We made quick work of the project and I'm so very proud of what we accomplished. It may not be perfect but it's sturdy, secure and looks good.
I hope we are nearing the end of this job...looking forward to testing out the new gutters, taking down the ladder, and resuming the redecoration of the mudroom and dining room.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment