Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Love PARTAAAY!



Cutest Valentine's Day Party pretty much EVER, complete with arrow and heart hats, a class dressed in red and goodies galore! Best part of the day for me? Sharing the party experience with my husband, who was off work for the day! McKinley's face was full of pure joy when he saw us both...it made my heart sing!

McKinley chose Ratatouille (the movie) valentines for his sweet classmates, he wrote on some of them, I wrote on the others. We totally ran out of time on them because we were working on another sweet treat to include in the precious Valentine boxes for his preschool friends and Miss Lori & Miss Kymberli:

Valentine Confetti! I found the awesome recipe here. I made some changes for our version: popped the popcorn on the stovetop in coconut oil instead of using microwave - that's what we prefer anyway. I also used the plain white candy melts instead of the confetti version so the white popped a little more. And I highly recommend allowing the candy to cool almost completely before beginning the mixing process so the M&M's don't melt. We layered the M&M's in the bottom, the cooled popcorn next, to create a barrier from the heat of the candy, finally we poured in the candy (IN A HUGE BOWL!) and began mixing. We mixed quickly since we allowed the candy to cool, it was close to hardening. I layered a HUGE baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully laid clumps of the confetti out on the paper. Once it was cool we broke up the larger pieces, left some as is and placed them in the treat bags tied with red ribbon and a beautiful printable tag found here. They were a huge hit. We made them for friends and family as well.

McKinley had a really good time passing out the Valentine Confetti and his valentines, it was precious.

After those were finished it was time for treats (special parties require special treats that do not need to be healthy - a treat in and of itself!), then the great Valentine craft, a bean noisemaker! The day ended with a BANG! Ha!!!!!!!!!

I can say that McKinley napped like a champion this afternoon --- he earned it after such an awesome party!

Happy Valentines Day!

Lynn

No comments: