Friday, January 28, 2011

Pizza Night!

Call it Cabin Fever, but I've been feeling pretty uninspired in the kitchen recently...ugh! Normally, I love cooking and I always love having McKinley help, he is learning so much. Tonight I had an idea for something we have not made since McKinley has been a kitchen helper: M.Y.O. Pizza night! I love make-your-own pizza night---especially when I don't have to make the dough OR the pizza sauce! See? Uninspired. Anyway, Boboli to the rescue, courtesy of Cary. I know it's not the same as homemade, but better than the alternative. Besides, it allowed us to have a lot more fun with McKinley in the kitchen!
We pulled out the pizza peel and toppings and went to town! McKinley aptly named our Pizza Kitchen, Mama's Pizza (where we serve store-bought pizza dough, apparently...homemade next time!). He put the dough on the peel, spread the sauce and added the toppings by himself! Of course, I handled oven duty. But my little sous chef insisted on serving Daddy his pizza by himself. It was pretty sweet.

I love nights like this! As uninspired as I had been feeling, this impromptu little pizza night turned into a fun experience for all of us (and clean up was a CINCH! AWESOME!). More planned in the future!

YUM!

Lynn

No comments: