Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear Zoo,


See this face?
It pretty much sums it up...we've missed you so! It has been a long, hard winter, so our impromtu zoo visit, though short and without many un-cold-friendly animals, was so sweet. A wonderful taste of the spring and summer to come, full of many visits to one of McKinley's very favorite destinations.

The highlight of my day? This photo...

Despite the glare (because when you are trying to capture a poignant photo of a 3 1/2 year old and a cheetah, one must work quickly and forego some camera modifications) it still turned out pretty well. How many children can go face-to-face with a cheetah...well, safely that is. Unless you are Diego (from Go Diego Go for those who do not speak Nick Jr.), there aren't a lot of opportunities to be 2 inches of glass from a rare cat. Funniest part: McKinley saying, "Awwww! Come here sweet kitty! I wish I could pet you!" Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cheetah had a wish of her own!

Beautiful day, zoo, we will see you soon!

Lynn

No comments: