Thursday, September 2, 2010

McKinley, Snack Helper

Today was McKinley's very first day as Snack Helper at Preschool...and to say he was thrilled is a great understatement!
Together we went to the grocery store - which we do often, but this time McKinley was very eager to be my assistant and help choosing everything for our recipe. The school follows very strict guidelines when it comes to food and snacks (which seriously thrills me to no end!) so we chose a yummy applesauce muffin (with hidden carrot puree! haHA!). Another reason for choosing the applesauce muffin was for the sake of the Letter A, this week's letter at school. And along with our applesauce muffins, we chose a yummy Apple for Gigi, the class Guinea Pig.

Together, McKinley and I prepared each part of the recipe, McKinley 'dumped' all of the ingredients after I measured them out, and he also mixed everything up really well! We topped the muffins with the yummy oat strusel and let them bake away! I packed the mini muffins in little Toy Story sandwich bags, one for each child, and the Apple for Gigi. And lots of milk...did I mention we fed 15 kids and a Guinea Pig?

And today? Well, it was a huge success for McKinley! Having been VERY eager about today's job and asking about it every day since last week, he was even happier to head to school than ever! He told me he got to feed Gigi her apple, part of the Snack Helper's job duties for the day. I think that was his favorite part of the entire day!

Can't wait until our next Snack Helper day!

Lynn

No comments: