Monday, September 20, 2010

Jam Session...Preschool Style

A sweet treat arrived in my inbox last night...some adorable photos of McKinley from Miss Kymberli and a little message telling us how he totally lights up at music time!
I think Cary and I both take credit for this wonderful love of music...this kid has been listening to everything from Justin Timberlake, John Mayer and Dave Matthews to Smetana, Bach and Tchaikovski from the time he was in the womb! We even throw in some curve balls like Lady Gaga & Snoop Dogg (clean versions, of course...). Ha! I remember being pregnant (really pregnant) and being in church while our church singer, Kathy would grace us with her gorgeous voice. McKinley would kick the beegeezus out me! He LOVED it even then!

Anyway, it means so much to us that McKinley's teachers take the time to capture what each of their children are doing during the week and send photos out to the parents. Since this is McKinley's very first experience away from us for a scheduled length of time through the week, it is so important to us that we still get to see what's going on. It is wonderful to know that McKinley is so happy where he is...I know from experience that this is half the battle in successful education.

Lynn

No comments: