Once inside the little project room, McKinley showed Savannah the ropes - helping her choose a hammer and a carpet square while my Mom and I gathered the projects, Savannah's apron and goggles. It worked out perfectly (except that I got so wound up in trying to keep the kids occupied and equally getting some 'hammer time' that I forgot to put the base of the box in place...oops), Savannah would take a turn with the hammer, then McKinley, and so on. While I worked on that, Mom graciously tried to fix my big oops with the second project. We quickly finished the projects and the kids were thrilled to have a little tic-tac-toe box! It's so cute!
After our big day of fun the kids (and Mom and Nonna) were all pretty tired, so we returned Savannah to her home. By this time, Savannah was calling my Mom, Nonna and requested to dole out some hugs for everyone, with a very special smooch for my boy. It's pretty obvious that we all had a blast. Now was the time to tuck everyone in for a nice nap. What a great day! Can't wait to do it again!
Lynn
P.S. Notice how much McKinley looks JUST.LIKE.CARY in the first pic? Scary...call me the incubator...








No comments:
Post a Comment