Saturday, January 16, 2010

Feeling Restored

Whew, it has been a long and challenging 6 weeks. Technically, 8 weeks. I have been sick since the weekend after Thanksgiving - and credit my lack of sleep during our Black Friday Jaunt for that. Since then, our lives have been a whirlwind and have ceased to, well, cease. Enough already!

I finally have a clear diagnosis as to what has been going on with me...a bad case of bronchitis, and a few other things we found along the way. I'm sure this time I am on the mend and will be back up to par soon, for now feeling okay is just good enough for me!

Not only am I feeling restored, it's nice to have Cary and McKinley on their feet as well. They have both caught a small part of what I had twice and I am thrilled that neither of them became as ill as I have and that they are each feeling good again! I have aired out the house (old wives tale, I still believe!), lysol'ed the beegeezus out of everything, washed all of our pillows and aired out every linen I could drag outside. Bronchitis be gone! I want to enjoy the rest of the winter!

Also restored, along with some of my sanity, is our home computer. The poor thing crashed on December 7th - in the middle of my 2nd go around with the bronchitis bug and at the exact same time Cary & McKinley took it as well. Obviously, with a house full of sickies the PC took a back burner. When I finally got it to our computer guy, he called me with sad news...he'd worked for 2 hours to restore our computer and all its contents...to no avail. He asked for my permission to wipe it clean, resulting in my loss of every one of the 4 G of pictures I have ever taken, digitally (with the exception of those I have managed to back up), old files, even my resume. I told him I needed time to think about it...two hours later I called and told him that Cary and I had decided we had no choice. Just do it. In my mind forgotten photos flashed; baking a cake with my hubby, that funny pregnancy snapshot where I SWORE my belly was growing, the precious picture of McKinley sucking on his paci after he fell asleep in the car, photos of my parents. I was sick to my stomach.

Then Mike made my MONTH. While he waited on our call he created something he thought might do the trick --- AND IT DID! He was able to completely restore every single file on our computer. I could have cried. Oh computer gods, I have learned my lesson...off to complete backing up everything on that pc. Then onto the laptop.

So happy to feel restored!

Lynn

No comments: