Two of our couple-friends are expecting Baby #2, and both mommies are on bedrest. Cary and I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to help out when we can. Today at Wee Read I took Savannah along with McKinley and me, where we met up with Kylie and Lincoln. Kylie needed a rest and is too far along in her pregnancy to get down on the floor with Linc (a total pre-requisite in Wee Read), so I happily took on all three of the kiddos. Before long, our 3 (McKinley, Savannah and Lincoln) had completely lost interest in the actual reading and activities and were instead inthralled with simulataneously attacking yours truly. They began making enough of a scene that ALL of the children (and there were GOBS of them today) got into the game and started attacking their own caregivers. I am pretty sure our librarian was pretty displeased, but she quickly got over it because there was no denying how adorably cute it was to see these kids run to the front of the room, turn around and squeal with delight as they ran AT ME.
I love little things like this that come up and smack you in the face and make you realize that a little bitty person (or persons, in this case) can do something as simple as be a CHILD and spread a smile across your face for an entire day. How very lucky I am to have the opportunity to have this moment to spend with some fun little kiddos.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment