
As unreal as it may seem, it is Easter Weekend. I'm shocked at how quickly it has crept up on us. Seriously! So, it is time once again to dye the Easter Eggs and hit the City Hunt!
Last night we did our Egg Dying - and how sweet was McKinley wanting to do it all 'myself'!!! He colored on several eggs, then we dipped them together. I wrote our names on 3 eggs, and into the bath they went! McKinley chose when each egg was 'done' or needed 'more' color, then together we set them aside to dry. He was so excited this year! What a big boy!

Today, it was time for the City's annual Easter Egg Hunt. I wasn't so sure we would return after last year's experience, but it's right around the corner and why not?! Right?! So, off we went! It was rainy and wet, so McKinley donned his favorite galoshes and an extra layer of clothing. I wasn't surprised that the turn out was not so great as last year - the rain took care of that, but there was still a big crowd! We got in line (after family friend and photographer for the newspaper took our pic), and waited. The waiting took MUCH longer than the actual hunt, but it didn't matter when I saw how giggly and happy McKinley was while hunting for the eggs. He scored quite a few and when we opened them we found that he won a little rubber bunny. While we were still there a staff member brought us an arm load of more eggs, where McKinley won a train whistle! He already has one, but hey! TRAINS! He loved it.
This evening we will go visit the Easter Bunny one last time before he visits our home this evening! Wonder what the Bunny will bring our boy?!?!
Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment