Moving on, the rest of the ocean life had our attention for quite a while -we even attended the dolphin show, which was a special show honoring the NCAA Final Four. It was so fun to watch one of the dolphins 'dribble' a basket ball under water!
Soon we were off to the train where we rode TWICE. Bet you will never guess who enjoyed himself beyond words...McKinley! Actually, we all enjoyed the rides on the brand spanking new engine. Again, McKinley and Savannah wanted to sit together, so Robin, Rick & Austin, Cary and I got our own seats and literally got to just enjoy the ride. It seems so hard to believe that the kids are old enough to ride by themselves already. Before long, the zoo was CLOSING! Funny thing is not THAT long ago we were closing bars on a Saturday night...now we close the zoo. Truth be told, I really think the zoo is WAY more fun. Seriously. Who knew?!
As we all headed home the rain came. And as Cary, McKinley and I were about 10 minutes outside of Indy, the storms hit as well. My Mom was literally a few blocks behind us, having come to Indy for an appointment, so I called her and met up as the emergency sirens began going off in the city of Plainfield. We sought refuge in a mall there - the storms were REALLY bad. Thankfully they blew over without much damage to our immediate area (though we could have done without the hail, thanks), so Cary and I decided to do a little shopping and Mom headed on home.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment