Saturday, March 27, 2010

Perfect Mommy & Boy Day

What fun I had with my boy today! Most Saturdays Cary has to work, so that puts a damper on things when we can't all be together, but McKinley and I definitely made the best of it today. Another Build & Grow Clinic was scheduled, so we headed off to Starbucks for McKinley's favorite pumpkin bread and a nice skinny mocha for Mommy. At Lowe's, we picked our carpet squares and started hammering away on the cutest kaleidoscope! McKinley was a great little handy man, helping me with the instructions and hammering together. And as usual, he loved helping pick up at the end of the clinic. The result was this adorable kaleidoscope and a very happy little boy.

After Lowe's, I needed to do a little shopping...so my little helper tagged along with me. It was so fun! Once in the car I asked McKinley if he was hungry. Yes! Then I asked him what he would like to eat. Mac & Cheese and salad! Okay! So, how about Panera? YES!!!!! Panera it is! We split a mac & cheese and salad and a yogurt parfait with fruit and granola. YUM!

Time to head home for a nap, we piled back into the car and went home. While McKinley napped I got ready for my first overnight trip away from McKinley and Cary EVER. It was a friend's bachelorette party in Indy. I found much comfort in knowing that I had been fortunate enough to spend a beautiful day with my son doing some fun things and making great memories. I also found much comfort in knowing that my son's evening would be spent with his Daddy, making more fun 'boy time' memories.

Life is good. I count my blessings constantly. Today was the perfect day for me and McKinley. And as always, I look for more beautiful days like this to come.

Lynn

No comments: