Thursday, December 3, 2009

Those 'Little' Moments...

Gosh, those little tiny moments get me every time. We've had a lot of those lately. Not sure if it's the time of year, the fact that I'm headed back to work, or the fact that our son is just so stinkin' sweet. Maybe a combination of all of the above! Lately these moments have rendered me pretty speechless as McKinley's speech expands further into full, recognizable conversations and thus making for some cute sayings and sweet little things he does that just make us smile.
On that Black Friday jaunt (see Thanksgiving post), Cary and I purchased a beautiful Christmas Train with TWENTY feet of track. This thing truly is huge, but it's intended purpose was to adorn the bottom of our Christmas tree for years and years to come. We knew when we opened it that McKinley would be beside himself, and he did not disappoint! McKinley ran around the house saying, "There's the TRAIN!!! There's the CHRISTMAS TRAIN!!!!!!". Once it was set up beneath the tree, I walked into the living room to find McKinley sprawled on his belly watching the train go round and round, Christmas Carols and Train noises to boot. He was in complete awe. Cary had the lights turned down so only the tree lights and the big train headlight were seen. I love this picture.
Below are a few more that 'get me'...baking cookies together, our holiday tradition of 'The Ugly Ornament Throw', and our boy sporting Mommy's boots and looking like a pirate! Special times!
Lynn


No comments: