Saturday, December 19, 2009

Celebrations & Santa

Tonight we had an impromptu Christmas GTG (get together) with our good friends, The Semmler Family. We always have so much fun with them and when Savannah and McKinley are involved no one can have a bad time!
The kids were on their game tonight! We learned that neither Cary and I nor Robin and Rick can share with our children any future plans to get together. If we do, total chaos ensues. I love that Savannah and McKinley enjoy being together so much and look forward to nuturing their friendship as the years go by.
This evening we started out at the mall with a BANG! The kids went to see SANTA! Both McKinley and Savannah had already spent some time with the jolly old elf (we've even got TWO pictures already!), but this time was even more fun because these two characters were together. As we stood in line, McKinley & Savannah leaning on the 'fence' to get a better view of Santa, McKinley stepped down, walked closer to Savannah and put his arm around her waist! This may have caused some heart palpitations for Rick, but it was a good laugh for everyone. It was just McKinley's sweet little way of being affectionate - something Cary and I are thankfully on the receiving end everyday.
After Santa we hit the famous mall money-suck...THE RIDES. I think the kids rode that merry-go-round 4 times total. Each time they switched their method of transportation between the boat, the train and the DOG-cycle (???). Each time they would make a pass around the parents they would giggle, smile and push their horn button things a zillion times. It was hilarious!

Later we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse...a nice LOUD establishment. PERFECT! I particularly enjoyed watching McKinley share his stickers with Savannah, then Savannah sharing her with McKinley, who immediately (and strategically) placed them on my sweater. They were perfectly matched to my sweater and looked like a little corsage! These two sure do play well together.
After dinner we exchanged gifts and took some pictures. I meant to take one of all six...er 7 including Baby S...but got so caught up in the utter cuteness of the kids that I forgot. Regardless, we had a great time with The Semmler Fam!

Lynn

No comments: