Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Presidents hit the Childrens' Museum

It's that time again - time for our monthly trip to Indy. Last night we stayed at the Crown Plaza with the big, REAL, indoor train cars. We didn't stay in one, but you'd think we did as loud as it was! Who knew Union Station was still a fully functioning rail station -- YIKES. Three hours of a train engine running constantly at 3am got a 'little' annoying - even for McKinley. It was all worth it though because today was a total blast!

While Cary went off and did his civic duty, McKinley and I trotted off to the Childrens' Museum where we met Kylie and Lincoln for a whole day of fun! It was surreal to see TWO FILLED car seats and two baby faces in my rear view mirror...but adorable, no less. After hitting Ben's work (Kylie's hubby)we had a lovely, if not totally complicated lunch at Circle Center and then hit the Museum just in time for the MASS NUMBER of school children on a field trip leave the premises. Nice!

The Museum was still crazy-packed, but that didn't stop our boys! We headed right for the Playscape where the Presidents donned their water-proof smocks and headed for the giant water table. Then it was off to the sand table. Then the maze. Then the train table. Then the playhouse. Then the mowers...you get the idea. They were busy - so busy in fact that the time flew by and it was time to go! McKinley and I introduced Kylie & Lincoln to our tradition of riding the carousel at the end of our visit and a self-portrait picture to remember the day. I LOVE that we do this and can't wait to see how much we change as the years go by...

I am so thrilled that Kylie & Lincoln came with us for a fun day of play, I wonder if they are as exhausted as we are??? Just a few more months of our annual trips of civic duty, but I hope we can drag our friends with us again soon! We picked Cary up and headed home for a QUIET night's sleep in our own bed...sans train engine.

What a great day!
Lynn

2 comments:

Aaron & Lorinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron & Lorinda said...

I checked out your blog after you commented on ours! Your son is adorable! So...he is Savannah's friend! I thought that it was funny that we both have the same saying in our header! LOVE IT :)