It is so hard to believe all the changes that have happened in our lives since that day! We have our precious McKinley here with us now, he has made me understand and appreciate the meaning of family in a deeper way than I ever knew would be possible. I thank God for that!
Today I am going to talk to my son about his Grandpa. I know he won't know what the heck I am saying right now, but if I do this often he will know his Grandpa Z (as I'm SURE my Dad would have wanted to be called!) and that is very important to us.
I miss my Dad so much and wish so badly and so selfishly that he were still here with us today. I have accepted that he is in a better place than you or me, but it doesn't make me miss him less!
I realized that with all the pictures we have included on this blog, there isn't one of my Dad! Well, I'm putting one in here! This picture was taken at Bonefish Grill on our last Father's Day. We drove to Plainfield in Dad's convertible (which I just donated to charity) with the top down the whole way! We had such a good time and the food was delish. This was the very last picture I have of Dad, so I treasure it.
Today we will put up our Christmas decorations, this is something I would like to make an annual thing. It sounds like a nice way to honor the day, reflect on our past but look forward to the future of many, many exciting Christmases with McKinley.

Have a great weekend.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment