I truly thought McKinley might pee his pants...and I mean that in the literal sense. We waited in line so long that we immediately had to leave after our ride ended (we had to pick up my Mom and Carrie from the airport), but it was worth every second when that child saw his beloved train coming around the bend ready for HIM! It felt like McKinley and I were the only ones on the train for that ride - even though it was completely full. And the funny thing was I really didn't think we were going to get on THAT one! We had been in line, wrapped around the waiting area for three train rides already. When they stopped the line with one other party in front of us, I even thought I would cry! Then, luck was on our side! The train conductor asked how many were in our party as the one in front of us was too big. When she saw it was just us (she had assumed that the people who knew nothing about personal space standing behind us TOUCHING me and McKinley's backpack were with us) she said, "Oh! Just two?! Well COME ON!!!!"
He really didn't even care that much that I insisted he sit in the stroller as I practically sprinted to the car to make it to my Mom on time. I'm pleased to say that we DID arrive at the airport, not only on time, but EARLY (yes, folks...ME. EARLY. It CAN happen!). McKinley was so happy to see his Nonna and Carrie too! He talked their arms off all the way home!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment