What a super-fun day for all!

Having true irish roots, I have always loved St. Patrick's Day --- frankly, what holiday don't I love, but this one is always a good time.

Today was McKinley's party at school. Most schools probably don't party it up too much for this holiday, but when you attend St. Patrick's School....it's kind of a big deal. That's pretty obviously when they paint a giant shamrock in the middle of the intersection in front of the church! I can remember that ALWAYS being such a BIG DEAL!!!!! My Grandparents and parents always took me by to check and see if it had been repainted yet. It always looks so good, especially for being there for THAT long - ugh, did I just say that???


McKinley's school party was precious. All the children were dressed in green, McKinley wore his McCutie shirt - which I adore. I made a new one...not sure how many more years I can get away with "McCutie", so why not ride it out?! The kids were so excited to have had several visits from a leprechan and even more excited for the chance to have a party, some treats and play outside with a potato sack race (appropro, no?).
In the afternoon McKinley and I hit the park with Robin, Savannah & Austin - we were all in green! And after the crazy-busy park, it was only fitting that we have St. Patrick's Day cupcakes again this year. I think we have ourselves a little tradition!
When we got home McKinley found that we'd had a little leprechan visit at our home! He brought McKinley a robot notebook and some other fun little things. For dinner - Shepard's Pie, green milk and green yogurt!!!!!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Lynn
McKinley peeping through the keyhole for the elusive leprechan!
No comments:
Post a Comment