I'm posting much later than I'd like to be, however today was a very busy day - so fit it in where ya can!Technically speaking this happened YESTERDAY, since YESTERDAY was like 50 minutes ago...but I'm calling it today since I'm still up. hahaha
TODAY McKinley had some seriously cute moments that I had to blog about. I have only been blogging about big things lately and not the small things that I love so much. Don't get me wrong - the big stuff is awesome, and GOD KNOWS I live for a party, but little moments like these - ahhh, the stuff life is made of;
While getting McKinley ready for bed, Cary was sitting on the recliner in McKinley's room while I did the pj's. Cary was playing with this pretty rosary someone gave me that I have hanging on the lamp. McKinley, Mr. Inquisitive said, 'What's that???!!!' I told him it was a rosary and could he say ROSARY?
He said, 'ROSIE!!!'
We laughed out loud.
Cary asked, 'McKinley, what is this again?'
'ROSIE!'
So, fellow Catholics, the new chic term for rosary is none other than...ROSIE! Consider it the short version.
I sat down to do bedtime stories tonight, after we were done McKinley jumped down from my lap and was gone. I called for Cary, 'Where is McKinley???'
'I don't know...'
uh huh.
I found McKinley tucked neatly under Daddy's arm...in our bed. CUTE!
We asked if McKinley wanted to lay with Daddy for a little while - why not??? It's Cary's much deserved vacation. He said, 'Lay down with Daddy!' So, Cary asked that McKinley tell me good night. Here's where the tears come...McKinley said, 'Mommy - kiss?' and he grabbed my face and pulled me down to kiss him, where he then held my face for a few more seconds and said, 'Good night, Mommy.'
Oh my heavens.
In that moment my heart melted.
I have the most cuddly, sweet-hearted lover boy ever. I swear I do.
When he requests, 'Mommy, cuddle?' some mornings I could just cry...and sometimes I do! lol
I love little moments like these that make everything happy and good in the world.
Sweet, sweet little moments.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment