Happy WET 4th of July!Oh well, we made the most of it, indoors. It.Rained.All.Dang.Day.
I can hear the conversation between me and my mother-in-law now..."Remember the 4th of July where we stood in the rain to watch the fireworks?" We trekked through the CONSTANT rain to Bloomington to spend the weekend with Cary's parents. Our plans were to have a nice meal together and send all the boys outside to play! Wrong. No outdoor play today. Next, we planned to pile into the car and go watch the fireworks at IU. We did that...under umbrellas. We could barely see what was supposed to be a gorgeous display, but it was fun all the same!
Seeing
how happy McKinley was in his Grandpa's arms and announcing, "Done with fireworks!" several times as he became unsure of the big booms made it even better!Of course, it cleared up today and the Terre Haute fireworks were rescheduled for this evening...thus, Take 2:
.jpg)
.jpg)
We made last minute plans with Kylie, Ben & Lincoln and Rick, Robin and Savannah to meet at the top of the old T.H. parking garage and watch our city's fireworks all together. This time it was much warmer and drier and man, did we have a view! You can't tell that in my pictures because I forgot to set the camera on 'fireworks'....duh.
McKinley kept ooohing and ahhhing and saying, 'Oh! Pretty fireworks!' and laughing hysterically. He was wound up with his little friends there!
I can't even explain how cool it was for me to step back and watch my son and husband with our friends together for something so fun and meaningful for our country. And had it not been for Kylie & Ben's GIANT CAN OF CHEESY POPCORN I have no idea how three toddlers would have so easily made it through an entire .jpg)
hour and a half of waiting and watching. Whew! I've already signed them up to bring the popcorn next year...what a lifesaver!.jpg)
We had a wonderful holiday weekend -- me especially! What a treat to have my husband home on a SATURDAY! Yay for no mail! I didn't even care that it rained, it was just great to be together with everyone. Happy Birthday, America!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment