Then our sweet, precious boy comes back to us with a wonderfully random knee hug, or a gentle face-grabbing kiss, or his sweet way of sharing by ramming his tiny spoon down our throats offering a taste of his food - and don't even think about saying no because our boy will NOT take no for an answer. He has been known to shove a bunny cracker through tightly pursed lips and clenched teeth. Sharing is very important to him!
Lately McKinley loves telling people 'bye' and 'see you in a bit'. This cracks Cary and I up every time. He happily swings doors open with a gleeful, high-pitched, 'Hiiiiiii!' And leaves with a wave and a cheery, 'Bye, lub ewe, bye - see you in a bit!'. It's pretty funny. Our Easter present this year was the addition of McKinley's full sentences. The evening of Easter he informed us that he was, 'Done wit meeeelk'...translation: Done with my milk. He's added many more sentences lately, with 'Close he doe', meaning I'm going to close the door. Of course, I love, "All done eatin''...eatin, not as in eatin', but think eat-tin.Today his funny little antics lead to an impromptu haircut - originally scheduled solely for yours truly. My butt got booted out of the chair as my son quickly won the hearts of every stylist in Amy's salon when he came in, saw Amy, removed his hat and went right over to her chair. You could hear hearts melt...Amy scooped him up and begged me to let her give him another cut. I didn't mind a bit - he needed it, but felt so bad about messing up her already very packed schedule. She told me she didn't care one bit and that he was too darned cute to turn down, and that if McKinley would simply stop being so cute it would not be an issue. Hahaha!
He came out looking like a rock star - he loves looking in the mirror at himself and the finish product (which is made even more rock-star-like with the addition of some wax and a faux-hawk). I just hope every hair cut is this easy with him...at least until he turns 12 and wants his own style, huh? I'm proud to report we both went home with new do's, there was plenty of time left for my own cut.
McKinley is around the corner from 22 months and ever-changing by the minute. I love that he is so opportunistic and unpredictable - even if it completely wears us out - it is so much fun!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment