I can't believe I'm just now posting this...our super-fun trip was almost two weeks ago! But seeing as how we have been crazy busy, well...I guess it shouldn't surprise me.On Sunday (Sept. 21st), Cary and I grabbed the boy and a bunch of stuff (jogging stroller, cooler, sneakers, sunscreen & bug spray) and headed out to McCormick's Creek State Park about 45 minutes from home. This RARE picture of the three of us, not taken self-portrait style shows a 'glowy' Mommy & Daddy with a sleepy baby boy in a sling. This was at the END of the day, incase you couldn't guess. hahaha Good times!
On the way, we stopped at a great farmstand and got some Indiana peaches and some GORGEOUS green tomatoes - guess what we had for dinner? McKinley's favorite was the little tiny banana the owner gave him, 'just because he was a good boy'. He sunk his chompers into that little bitty banana and it was gone in a flash!
At the big park, we had a lovely picnic lunch ala nearby Subway (didn't want to pack sammies and have them get soggy on the ride), enjoyed an invigorating swing on the sweet little 'old school' play ground (yes, that includes Mommy & Daddy) and even took on a long hike. We ended the day with a jaunt down to the Park's Falls, which aren't Niagra or anything, but they're pretty nice for the Hoosier State - uh...they were a tad dry. It had been a while since we'd had a good rain.
By the time we were finished we were all exhausted - McKinley especially, he had so many things to see and learn!
It was a nice way to spend the final Sunday of the Summer.
Just to update...
McKinley is having a fabulous time in Wee Read every week. He's quite the ham and the socialite. Last week ALL KINDS of girls were FLOCKING to him. Flocking, I tell you! Daddy was so proud! Must have been the singing. My son is already serenading the ladies. Oh lordy.
I'm still in Physical Therapy for 'the neck' from 'the wreck'. I'm seeing some results but still in a fair amount of pain. Here's hoping that goes away someday.
Cary's keeping up with all of our comings and goings like a champ. He's happy to see the fall weather and not melt into a puddle anymore. Maybe he can get in some more great autumn golf!
Lynn











No comments:
Post a Comment