Sunday, April 13, 2008

McKinley's First ride on the swing

The weather FINALLY turned 'spring-like' for us. We took full advantage and decided to introduce McKinley to a place I loved as a child. One of our City Parks, Deming is very near and dear to my heart. The playground has certainly changed over the last 30 years (uh, did I just say that?), but one thing remains the same. The kids of this city LOVE it there!








The new playground is equipped with two 'age-appropriate' stations and even has some kind of super-cushy, shock absorbent 'flooring', if you will. Um...Cary and I had the distinct privilege of landing on asphalt and gravel when we romped around on the playground as kiddies. I have scars to prove it and I'm SURE that Cary does too. Now, McKinley will be fortunate enough to make a soft, pillow-like landing!

Anyway, we walked over, found the little swings, placed McKinley in and, 'whoosh'! He loved it!





Cary and I took turns pushing him for a while then headed over to the Deming Park version of Disney's Tea Cups for babies. Whew...that was funny. I think I'd puke. McKinley remained calm and chill (see picture), he just smiled and got comfy, enjoying Daddy pushing his little 'cup' while Mommy took pictures.

We ended the nap-inducing trip with McKinley's very first slide experience...with Daddy, of course. It was pretty cute to see Cary climb up that slide with McKinley. I don't think McKinley was too amused yet, but he'll LOVE it soon enough.
McKinley was no sooner in his car seat and was peacefully napping, dreaming of his first swing in the park.

Today McKinley is 9 months old. We are only THREE months away from having a toddler. Can this be possible?
He is continuing with new syllables and loving the fact that he is becoming more and more mobile by the day.

It was so nice every day this week until Saturday, other than a little rain. So,we dusted off the jogging stroller (which had a very long hiatus during the winter) and have walked every day this week...except for Saturday when it suddenly turned bitter cold and actually spat a snow-like mixture...uh, hello? It's April. Anyway, McKinley LOVES being outside. He sings and waves his hands in the air as if to catch the wind. I pack a toy each time we go, but he barely bats an eyelash at it. Too much to see and do! Passers-by think he is waving at them and they get very excited over that. Do you know he even lets us put sunglasses and a hat on him every time? Can't start eye and skin protection too soon!

We have a 9 month pedi appointment this week...I'm sure we'll update McKinley's new stats as soon as we find out! Check back when you can...

Have a great week!
Lynn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun at the park!