Sunday, April 13, 2008

GNO + DMB + PiP = GREAT weekend!

Translation:
Girls Night Out plus Dave Matthews plus McKinley and his mommy's picture in print equals a really great weekend!

Friday, April 11th I left 'the boys' alone (they had a great evening together, by the way...boys' night!) and went to dinner with my Mom, Jodi, her sister Jill and their Mom, Brenda. After that, we headed over for this city-wide Girls Night Out thing at the arena. The feature of the evening was this absolutely HILARIOUS comedienne, Anita Renfroe. She does this 'estrogen flavored' comedy, as she calls it, that will seriously leave you in stitches, if you can laugh about yourself or the woman in your life. I laughed until I cried. I laughed so much that I bought her DVD, of which she signed for me and took pics with all of us girls! NO WAY! The pics are on Mom's camera...will upload ASAP. In the meantime, here we all are at dinner. Good times, good times.
This comedienne is WAY famous for her insane version of the William Tell Overture, you've probably seen it, but just incase...click and watch. It's on youtube and has had millions and millions of hits.

Now, before our GNO...Thursday night Cary checks his weekly DMB (Dave Matthews Band) email. He starts yelling, very excited. I came running. He informs me that in some crazy twist of fate, Dave Matthews has chosen BLOOMINGTON'S Assembly Hall at I.U. to give a 'small' concert with his friend and awesome guitarist, Tim Reynolds to show support for his candidate of choice...Obama. Okay, whatever about the Obama stuff...really. Oh, did I mention that the concert was FREE?
RIIIGGGHHHTTT. Another April Fools joke? No. Cary's dream come true? Yep. Dave & Tim...IU...on a Sunday afternoon. Awesome.
I called the T.H. Obama office to double check, sure enough...they said they would have tickets the following morning. We began to plan our strategy of ticket-getting. So, the next day, McKinley, Mom and I headed to the TH Obama headquarters to line up for some tickets. Mom would get Cary's ticket for us, since it was only one ticket per Indiana resident/registered voter. After waiting for almost 2 hours (McKinley was warm and cozy in the car), we got to the front door of the headquarters, where a Trib photographer suddenly went papparazzi crazy. He picked up to snap, snap, snap. Once we were out of the door and glowingly holding our tickets, the photog stopped us and took McKinley's and my name. He said we would be in the paper the following day. OMG. GREAT! Now everyone will think I'm crazy for Obama. I tried to make it VERY clear to Mr. Photographer that we were only there for DAVE tickets. LOL, he got the gist. You have to look hard for our well-bundled McKinley...and I look like I am completely lost, but whatever. I love the caption. Well put.

So, we'd already been planning on spending the night with Cary's parents over the weekend. That worked out really well. They offered to watch McKinley (we REALLY had to twist their arms...hahahahah, right.) while we had some good quality time together. Just the two of us and 17,000 other Dave fans. It was fabulous. One of the top three concerts for sure (we go to Dave every year...it's our thing). We even got to see Dave's twin girls! And he talked about his baby boy, born just before McKinley. I'm sure August and McKinley would be great friends...
We got home SO late Sunday night, but nobody minded. McKinley was fast asleep, dreaming of his walk with Grandma & Grandpa. He never even woke up when we put him in bed!




Not our best pic...but for a self-portrait on a super-sunny day as we searched for the end of the line...not bad, I guess.
Oh, and he said the concert was being recorded for a CD...yahoooooo!
Here are clips from the concert...click and check it out!
The Wave-we're in there some where!
It sure was a busy couple of days, but so fun!
Lynn

No comments: