McKinley LOVES the big beads, but he really liked chewing on his Baby's 1st Easter card the most. Hahahaha.
This year we packed up the suv and headed down to visit with Grandma & Grandpa, Uncle Mike & Aunt Lorie and those big-boy cousins.
This year we packed up the suv and headed down to visit with Grandma & Grandpa, Uncle Mike & Aunt Lorie and those big-boy cousins.
I truly can't remember a better holiday for me. There for a while the holidays were a real bummer for me, personally, after losing Dad and stuff. This year, WHOA BOY! I loved seeing our nephews with McKinley, being with all of my inlaws and having my Mom there with us too.At one point, I looked outside and saw Cary and his brother, Michael playing with Logan and Mason in the front yard of my Mother & Father-in-law's home. I was holding McKinley and could barely contain myself when I thought...ya know, little boy, you'll be right out there with them next year! That'll be a sight!
Later, Grandpa took McKinley out (bundled in his EASTER BUNNY outfit!) to be Logan and Mason's mascot for their impromptu basketball game. I think Logan said they were the Blue Bunnies! TOO CUTE! I had fun taking pictures while my sister-in-law, Lori proved that she is definitely the 'baller' of the fam. LOVE IT. I guess I'm gonna have to tuff it up a little...not be so afraid to mess up my hair or something with all these boys in my life.
Hahahaha. I KNOW everyone of you who really knows me is currently laughing your butts off at the sheer image of ME out there playing BASKETBALL. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what if I'd rather go shopping. I'm learning to be versatile! Cary keeps up with the gentle, encouraging reminders that we do, in fact have a B-O-Y. Tuff en' up a little, girl! ;-)
Hahahaha. I KNOW everyone of you who really knows me is currently laughing your butts off at the sheer image of ME out there playing BASKETBALL. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what if I'd rather go shopping. I'm learning to be versatile! Cary keeps up with the gentle, encouraging reminders that we do, in fact have a B-O-Y. Tuff en' up a little, girl! ;-)So...Easter was great!
I think Cary's and my highlight was when Grandpa escorted our little bunny on his very first egg hunt. He ended up scoring some cash in the two eggs he picked up. Nice!I love this picture. He was so excited.
Okay, down to some serious baby business...
Da da da daaaaaahhhh!!!
We've got a crawler!
I can't believe it. Time to put the crystal up...omg, I NEVER thought I'd have to do that. Oh well, it'll be just as pretty in the dining room, where I can 'rope it off', so to speak.
On Wednesday, McKinley decided he'd had enough of the army crawling and enough of the up-on-all-fours rocking trick. He did a 'real' crawl. He's not doing it all the time, in fact he has really honed his army crawl skills and is even faster now. Gotta keep our eyes on him at all times, so do the cats. He's quick!
I hope to upload a video of our crawlin' boy very soon. Check back with us!
Also on the milestone list...as I've mentioned in previous posts McKinley has really got Mama, Dada and Oh! down quite well - and the Baby Idol singing, of course. Last night he added a new consonant to his repetoire: Baba. It is so cute to see him say it because he can't stop smiling as he's talking! When he woke up this morning, he looked right at me and said, 'Baba!' Like, "Look, Ma! I remember!" What a sweetie.
So, another fun one we've started is a little wave. He usually does this when he wants something, so he's not like, arm in the air, hey, there, how ya doin' kind of wave, but he's getting there.
But my very favorite new thing of McKinley's is his kiss. OH. MY. GOSH. Words cannot even begin to express how it feels to get a big ol' slobbery kiss from our child. We'll say, 'Give me a kiss' and he'll grab our faces, or hair (an OUCH that is so totally worth it) and pull our face into his and SMACK! We get kissed! It's precious.
I think we are really seeing more of his personality come out, I love it.
Here, McKinley makes his first official basket. Future Indiana Hoosier, baby!
And McKinley admires his big-boy cousins with Grandpa and Aunt Lori during the 'game'.
Can't wait to share his next big tricks.
Have a great weekend!
Lynn











1 comment:
So funny to see what looks like McKinley laughing at the scowl on Mason's face! Great pictures in this blog, girl!
Post a Comment