I am so glad it is almost officially spring! We had such a lovely taste of that weather for a few days, and now it is cold and yucky and rainy. BLAH! Oh well, Easter is this weekend so Spring is almost here and we can't wait to get outside. Last week McKinley turned 8 months old. We always take a picture of him on his 'month' birthdays, this month though we were all pretty exhausted from a busy night. So, this was a pretty relaxed picture...post bath, as we were rocking and listening to the lullaby cd getting ready for bed...hence the paci in the pic.
I can't believe we are so close to the one year mark now. He has made so many awesome changes again. He will give five on command, which nearly put an older gentleman at Subway on his knees last weekend. Evidently he was missing his grandchildren at the time so he came over to our table with his wife to chat and visit McKinley, who immediately took to him. He asked if he could hold his hand...normally this isn't cool, the whole stranger-danger-touchy thing, but he seemed so heartfelt that I said okay (knowing I had plenty of wipes and antibacterial lotion to mop us down with afterward...OCD, I know, can't help it). I told McKinley to give him five, which he did with panache and that giant gummy grin. The man had to step away because he was so overcome with emotion. His wife just oohed and ahhed and thanked us. For what? Anyway, the man said his birthday was this Tuesday and that this truly made his day. I was touched.
McKinley also recognizes his pictures as 'baby' and when we ask, "Where's the baby?" he looks right at his pictures and laughs. He knows Gunther's nickname 'goo', when we ask, 'Where is Goo?' The word association thing is pretty cool.
He's a real army-crawler now, and he can spin on his belly like no body's business. He's pretty fast at it too. He's pulling up on all four's and ready to go...and he WILL go, when he's ready! lol In the meantime, rolling and spinning and crawling like there's something 'INCOMING!!!!' is just fine with him.
Oh, and if you call us on the phone...I apologize in advance for the loud button-pushing and 'Ohhh's! you will no doubt be subjected to. NEVER have I seen a child get so flipping excited over someone or something as McKinley does when he sees our cats, Mom's dog or any of our phones. He cannot control himself and will scratch, claw, climb and gnaw his way up to those buttons and lights! And the amazing sound of voices through the little holes is MESMERIZING! If only Mommy and Daddy would let him chew on that cushy antenna, he just KNOWS its a teether.
I'm sure the next month will be full of exciting changes for us, check back for updates!
We had a very busy week last week, but loads of fun. Diane came over for a visit, so we all had a nice lunch at Mom's. It was great!My sorority chapter hosted a fund-raiser night at our local Beef O'Brady's. We did pretty well, for the four of us who actually showed up to work! I'm proud!
Oh, and with being so busy I haven't even posted the pictures from the weekend before! McKinley's social calendar has been so full of birthdays for some of his favorite girls this month...Lila, Sara, Sarah and now Reagan! She turned two already! CRAZY. We had so much fun at the party. Here's Reagan digging into her cake and some fun 'kiddie time' that quickly went awry.
Check back soon for some Easter Bunny pics that are sure to be a sight!










No comments:
Post a Comment