
Well, I'm happy to report that the Vernon Family has survived TWO weekend getaways! The second weekend we did it without help!
Two weeks ago Cary and I made our annual trek to Noblesville to see Dave Matthews Band in concert. This is a very special trip that we have shared together since we began dating in 1999, this year was no exception, we knew despite recently giving birth that it was important to us to attend as usual. Thankfully, Mom offered to come with us and stay with McKinley while we lived it up at Deer Creek (I just can't call it Verizon Wireless Music Center-it loses the personal touch). We booked a beautiful hotel suite and headed off!
The evening was great, the concert was one of our top 5, for sure and Nonna (Italian for Grandmother) and McKinley had a wonderful evening of bonding. We even did a little shopping the following day while in Indianapolis-at Babies R Us, of course!
That went so well that Cary and I decided to take full advantage of the 3-day Labor Day weekend and got outta Dodge. We stayed in Columbus for the weekend and shopped our heads off at Edinburgh Outlets (one of our favorite destinations!). We were both a little apprehensive about going overnight, in a hotel by ourselves, but our little monkey was an angel. Well...almost an angel. He did decide to try to stay awake until almost 3a.m., God forbid he miss anything! He'd fall asleep and then wake himself back up and repeat the process until he gave up-THEN he slept like a little, tiny log. It was funny.
I'm so glad that we took the opportunity and got away for a weekend. This new parenting stuff is a 24/7 job! LOL, duh...we knew that. Cary and I are so used to spontaneously going on an adventure and we don't want to lose that quality in our relationship, I'm so proud that we actually did the whole overnight thing already! Not to even mention the crazy shopping!!!! We cleaned out Carter's!!!
Oh, yeah...and now Cary's THIRTY!!!! Have I mentioned that? Just teasing, I just cannot believe we are there already. Here is a pic of Daddy and McKinley on Daddy's special day!

Until next time...
Lynn








1 comment:
Congratulations Cary and Lynn!
Denise forwarded your email and so I got to read your blog as well as see new pix of McKinley. He surely is a cute little guy. You have every right to be proud parents. I'll forward the email home so McKinley's Great Uncle Gene can enjoy the photos, too.
Love to all,
Bridgit and Gene
Post a Comment