Wow, we have had a busy month!
McKinley, Mom and I threw a surprise 30th birthday party for Cary on September 8th. What a success! Cary was so surprised and we had such a great time. His parents and brother and sister-in-law and nephews all came, as well as dear friends of ours and their children and a friend or two from the USPS. We had a great turn out and a lot of fun. Cary played like he was a kid with all those little boys running around-it was great to see.
That following Monday, McKinley had his very first shots. OMG, I thought I'd lose it. All along I have thought I would be okay with this whole shot thing, I knew I'd be a little upset, but I'd handle it. WRONG. Let's just say that the minute I realized that someone was intentionally inflicting pain on my son, albeit for good reason, I was in tears and the fangs came out. LOL. I controlled myself and my Mom was a huge help, especially since Cary was not able to take that day off. Whew.
McKinley recovered quickly and we had much fun afterward visiting my former co-workers at the hospital. He was such a good sport!
Let's see, that week we also lunched with Diane, Joan and Mom, went shopping with 'Aunt Sara' and did lots of laps down Ohio Blvd. We had a great week. Cary and I took advantage of Mom offering to watch McKinley for a few hours while we went to dinner and out to the Oktoberfest for a short time. Hey, hey, Mommy even had a Margarita!!! It was nice to get out for a bit and see Jodi and Jill, but it was also so nice to get home and be with my boys.
This weekend was packed as well...McKinley and I spent Saturday helping Mom cook for the Meng's 40th anniversary party Saturday night (McKinley is quite the cook...ha ha!). Cary, McKinley and I attended the party and had a great time. Mom, again offered to give us a little time to run around the party to visit with some of the guests, she watched McKinley along with several of her sorority sisters while we toured Dennis' new cottage.
On Sunday, we got brave. Seeing how McKinley is past his colic (THANK YOU, GOD), we decided to venture to church for 11 o'clock mass. For the entire hour McKinley was an angel (I knew he was!) and didn't make a peep! That's our boy! Afterward we went to lunch and did some shopping together.
Speaking of church, I am happy to report that McKinley's baptism is scheduled for Sunday, October 7th following 11 o'clock mass. We are very excited for this occasion and look forward to the start of McKinley's religious life.
Oh! Forgot the best part of these past few weeks since I last posted: McKinley's smile has gotten so big! And he laughs at us now! Its this precious gurgle that will melt your heart. He's all gums and so proud of it.
More fun activities planned for this week! Updates soon...as well as surprise party pictures.
Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment