It came time for the Wise men to make their grand entrance...Cary is recording it on our camcorder, I'm snapping away on the still...almost time...I see McKinley's face light up! He looks right at me! Aww! So sweet, he found me in the crowd!!! (Dare I suggest, how can you miss me? The Belly is like a beacon in the night. Did I mention people who've given birth to twins have asked if I too am having twins? No, I'm not kidding.)
So, there's my boy, climbing the short stairway with his two Wise men Dudes. Just before he hits the stage a voice called out across the gymnasium, above the boom of the CD playing "Mary Rock"...
"HI MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And a BIG wave!
All to me.
Huge lump in my throat, I began laughing and crying at the same time. Everyone looked back at me. Everyone.
Big belly, laughing and crying (not a pretty combo, folks) and I get, "So, that one's yours, huh?"
Absolutely.
That one is definitely mine.
I could barely catch my breath or stop the tears.
This precious moment was caught on video, by Cary and by Lori, the assistant in McKinley's preschool. The following day she couldn't suppress her excitement when she told me her husband had been recording the entire thing for the school and that she watched the big moment over and over again that night. So did we.
I was emailed about it.
Friends from school talked about it.
It's most certainly worthy of America's Funniest Videos, a favorite around here, if not McKinley's wedding...or graduation...or all of the above? I think this video will fit nicely between the story of The Vick's Baby Rub and The Pecan.
My Sweet McKinley Shane. Oh, he and his Daddy...and his unborn baby brother have my heart.
Certainly makes for a very happy holiday season,
Lynn
| Showtime! |
| Seconds before THE moment...he sees me! |
| Adorable! |








No comments:
Post a Comment