Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chugga Choo Choo!!!!!!!!!

Dear Deming Park,


I was nervous about the train this year...it's been a very cold Spring, not to even mention the rain, storms and the now Mother-Nature-Made POND that sits in the center of the circle turn of the train tracks. But you came through! Cary noticed the posting on the park sign a month ago and we've literally been counting down to today ever since. McKinley has mastered the calendar between school and counting down to Disney last year, and now the train, so he KNEW today was the day!


The beloved train is aging, the track has seen some challenges over the last few years, but somehow she keeps chuggin' along!

So, after McKinley's soccer game today we headed for the park. We purchased our tickets and McKinley chose our seat. We took a nice easy ride around the park, McKinley smiled the entire way. Once we were finished I offered to take a photo of McKinley in front of the train, as I was snapping away the girl running the train offered to let McKinley UP ON THE TRAIN for a photo op. He was so excited but so serious about his new little adventure. It was sweet...I appreciate the chance to let him do that!


So, thanks again...this will be the first on many train rides this summer for our family!


We are proud of a really unique Terre Haute tradition!


Lynn

No comments: