We spent today in northern Indiana visiting friends, The Joppek's & Family. And from the moment we pulled OUT of the DRIVEWAY, the next 2 and half hours were filled with, "Are we there yet, Mommy & Daddy?" and "Where's Lila's HOUSE???". I was so excited to be invited to Valarie's Baby Shower and even more excited to be able to see my friend Vanessa and her daughter, Lila. Sadly, we had to miss Lila's 3rd bday party because of the last snow of the winter. I was so disappointed then, but everything worked out so well!
I had a lovely time at the shower. While I was there, McKinley & Cary had some bonding time. On Vanessa's (awesome!) suggestion, the boys headed to Tyler's Tender, a train themed restaurant geared toward children. Hello, PERFECT! McKinley LOVES trains - any size, any kind, any color, real or pretend - so this was UP HIS ALLEY.
.JPG)
According to Cary, the set up was similar to a Chucky Cheese kind of thing, order your food and play. As you can imagine, there was little eating on McKinley's part. Instead, he spend his time admiring the HUGE model trains, playing in the arcade with Daddy (shooting hoops to be specific) and riding on the BIG kiddie train - as the CONDUCTOR, no less. The very first thing he told me when he saw me was the he pulled the horn! Truthfully, I think he told me eleven times about pulling the horn...I think he liked it.
.JPG)
When the boys arrived to pick me up, I brought them inside so we could give Lila her belated bday gift. The kids played and squealed and hugged and chased for the longest time. It was so great to see! I can't believe these babies, four months apart...and a sentimental journey for me to have been pregnant at the same time as Vanessa...are now 3 and 2 1/2! Looking back to their first 'meeting' at McKinley's baptism, we all laughed as Lila kept pulling McKinley's paci out of his mouth. He totally let her, didn't mind a bit. They were so taken by each other! Look! A fellow baby! Babies no more, these kids were having conversations about the golf course just outside the window, and about cake and birthdays and 'all kinds of stuff', to quote McKinley.
Soon, we had to leave to head back to the Haute (but not until we got our Target & Boston's Pizza Fix...Pesto's, we'll see you next time! Sorry we missed ya!), but it was so nice spending time with Vanessa, her expecting sister and their families. The boy-time was an added bonus!
What a great weekend! Pics below!
Lynn
.JPG)
2 comments:
Awwwww!!! I loved reading this entry. Seeing those two together melted my heart. So fun!
Thank you so much for coming to the shower!!! It was such a blast seeing Lila & McKinley play together! It makes me sooo excited for what is to come for Tony and me!! :)
Valarie
Post a Comment