Friday, October 9, 2009

FIVE...Count 'em...FIVE years as a Mrs!

Today we celebrated our FIFTH wedding anniversary! What amazing milestones for us this year; ten years together and five years married! Everyday I thank God to be so blessed and to have such a wonderful husband. He has been a rock for me, my best friend and rockin' Dad...I could never ask for more.

It's so hard to believe that it was five years ago that we became 'Mr. & Mrs. Vernon'. In so many ways it seems like yesterday, and in so many ways it seems like Cary has always been in my life. I'm thankful that together we are building a beautiful family, I'm thankful for always being able to take time to be together as a family, and I'm thankful that we are where we are in our lives. I wouldn't change a thing!

Cary and I shared a wonderful evening together while McKinley spent a little time with Nonna. We went out to dinner at a place we enjoy very much - Louise's. It's got a lot of history in this city (my Grandma even used to work there WAAAAAYYYY back in the day). The restaurant recently re-opened under new ownership and in a new location ... at the AIRPORT!

We had a lovely view to dine, a table by the window overlooking the runway. It was a nice treat for us to share a glass of wine and some delicious food. When the manager came to our table, we chatted about the day and why we were visiting tonight, and he explained that soon they'll be offering a new "Dine & Fly" package. How cool is that? I'm holding out hope that we can soon share in that too...hee hee hee! Mr. & Mrs. V didn't stay long, McKinley had his flu shot this afternoon and it hit him a lot harder than any other year. Soon we went home to nurse his fever and care for him, but we didn't mind...it was just as nice to be together as a family on our anniversary as it was to have a little date.

Happy Anniversary to Cary & me...here's to many, many more years of wedded bliss!

Love you, Cary!!!

Lynn

No comments: