Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Perfect Mantra for Today

Ahhh, yet another one of those 'today' posts that was technically yesterday. I'm good at that. It's late and I'm exhausted and desperately need to go to bed, but with Cary & McKinley tucked into bed it's the perfect opportunity to share my thoughts about today.
It was awesome.
Cary had his second to last jury duty in Indy today, so I planned to hit the zoo with McKinley - now that we're members and all - heh heh. We invited Mom, who was thrilled to share the day with McKinley (and MAYBE us too...) and it worked out even more perfectly than I could ever have planned. For some very odd reason Cary and the other jurors were released HOURS early - we hadn't even entered the zoo yet! So, we swung by and picked Cary up and headed off for a fun-filled day!

This zoo visit was thankfully sans rain so there was only one train ride, but we saw many animals and the sweet dolphin show. McKinley had another jaunt in the awesome splash park and he LOVED it. He had us all laughing so hard at some of his silly antics, what a ham.

To end the trip, we visited the gardens and butterfly complex - both were equally beautiful. The gardens reminded me a lot of the Biltmore...on a smaller scale, but just as calming. I even captured a fun pic of these fountain frogs that cracked us all up - aren't they cute??? And while walking the garden grounds, we happened upon this beautiful planter. I love the quote, it was the perfect mantra for today.

Finally, the zoo closed and we headed home - sort of. Tonight was the final night practice for the Colts here at training camp. McKinley was all set to go in his Colts jersey and off we went where we bumped into Lincoln! The boys had fun throwing their footballs for a while and Cary and I plotted our autograph-getting manuevers (we scored a few, but alas, Payton was too busy to stop for our cute boy. Whatever, Payton, whatever). We had such a busy day, but it was a total blast! McKinley even saved his one big fit of the day for the very end...perfect timing. Hey, at least he stops for a great photo op! Too bad the blog won't let me flip the pic the right way...silly thing.

Lynn
Hey Linc! Go long!

No comments: