Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pasting 101


Since our big decision to wait another 6 months to begin McKinley's preschool (see post below), I have made a commitment to myself to give McKinley the opportunity to have some play and learn sessions with me that might prep him for what is to come. McKinley is such a curious child, eager to do any and everything - this was a must! ***plus I am hoping it'll be a great thing to transition inside to keep our boy pleasantly occupied and away from too much television when the weather turns cold***

Today was our first lesson! My lesson plan is pretty tough; it consists of a lot of free play to promote McKinley's creativity and an endless array of projects and learning moments. Pretty tough, huh? I'm no home-schooler, so I'm winging it...we'll see what happens.
So, Welcome to Pasting 101! I've done a little research on age appropriate crafts and basic skills, the easiest place for us to start was Pasting 101! Thanks to my scrapbooking obsession we have an ample (and near endless) supply of paper, glue, cards, boards and lots of paste-able stuff to work with. So, I set off to cut out some shapes and squiggles with solid and patterned paper and set it up on the patio (pasting with a 2 year old inside...not good) and off we went on a new adventure!
At first I guided McKinley on what to do but gave him complete creative license on where to paste his glued goods. Pretty soon he had the whole thing down pat and was off to pasting and patting down the papers. It was darling to watch because he was really enjoying himself and his new craft and the finished product is the perfect little treat to stick in the mail for those grandparents he loves so much!






Can't wait for next week and a new lesson!
Lynn

No comments: