.jpg)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Do you believe it?
Another year gone by - 2008 was full of so many wonderful things for our family...and a wreck. hahahahahaha. No seriously, it was truly a very special year for us and with so many great firsts for McKinley - his first Valentine's Day (a favorite in our home), first trip to the beach, first birthday, first wedding, first steps! And so many fun firsts for Mommy & Daddy too (first birthday party to throw - how fun is that?!).
On NYE (New Year's Eve), we enjoyed a lovely dinner together along with my Mom, then we all headed home to watch the ball drop - quietly and from our own homes. McKinley had so much fun staying up late - which we let him do for such a special occasion, I mean hey - it only happens once a year, why not? Our parents always let us stay up for it! And it's not like we were keeping him up, he WANTED to be in on all the fun. He had so much fun with his hat this year, and I managed
to find some super cute '2009' glasses and noisemakers. For 9 years I have watched everyone wearing those goofy glasses in Times Square and I finally broke down and got some of our very own. I HAD to...this is the last year that the zeros will be side by side! Next year they might look weird! I know...I know.
Anyway, it was a great evening.
The next morning I got up very, very early for a very, very important excursion with my Mom.
Shopping.
Mom invited me to join her at one of our favorite shopping locations - a HUGE outlet a few hours from home. It worked out so well because Mom and I had a great time and Daddy and McKinley had a really great boys day! It was the longest I have ever been away from McKinley...ever...thus far.
I enjoyed the therapeutic day (yes, I find shopping to be VERY therapeutic) and even scored some great finds for myself and my boys! Cary got a gorgeous cashmere sweater (oooh, and so did I!) and McKinley now wears the cutest robe ever...among other goodies.
All in all, I wouldn't want to ring in the new year any other way. And here's hoping that 2009 is as wonderful to us as 2008 has been.
Happy New Year,
Lynn
Do you believe it?
Another year gone by - 2008 was full of so many wonderful things for our family...and a wreck. hahahahahaha. No seriously, it was truly a very special year for us and with so many great firsts for McKinley - his first Valentine's Day (a favorite in our home), first trip to the beach, first birthday, first wedding, first steps! And so many fun firsts for Mommy & Daddy too (first birthday party to throw - how fun is that?!).
On NYE (New Year's Eve), we enjoyed a lovely dinner together along with my Mom, then we all headed home to watch the ball drop - quietly and from our own homes. McKinley had so much fun staying up late - which we let him do for such a special occasion, I mean hey - it only happens once a year, why not? Our parents always let us stay up for it! And it's not like we were keeping him up, he WANTED to be in on all the fun. He had so much fun with his hat this year, and I managed
to find some super cute '2009' glasses and noisemakers. For 9 years I have watched everyone wearing those goofy glasses in Times Square and I finally broke down and got some of our very own. I HAD to...this is the last year that the zeros will be side by side! Next year they might look weird! I know...I know.Anyway, it was a great evening.
The next morning I got up very, very early for a very, very important excursion with my Mom.
Shopping.
Mom invited me to join her at one of our favorite shopping locations - a HUGE outlet a few hours from home. It worked out so well because Mom and I had a great time and Daddy and McKinley had a really great boys day! It was the longest I have ever been away from McKinley...ever...thus far.
I enjoyed the therapeutic day (yes, I find shopping to be VERY therapeutic) and even scored some great finds for myself and my boys! Cary got a gorgeous cashmere sweater (oooh, and so did I!) and McKinley now wears the cutest robe ever...among other goodies.
All in all, I wouldn't want to ring in the new year any other way. And here's hoping that 2009 is as wonderful to us as 2008 has been.
Happy New Year,
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment