Thursday, January 8, 2009

Play dating

What a fun week for McKinley! On Monday we visited my long-time friend Jen and her new baby. Okay, well she's not new anymore, I guess...she's 6 months, but she's new to us because this is the first time I've seen her! McKinley was a very busy boy, but enjoyed seeing such a sweet little girl who was so little and new. We didn't stay long because of various nap times, but it was so nice to catch up with an old friend.
Tonight we were invited to dinner with new friends Robin & Rick's house. They have a sweet little girl, Savannah, who was born just a month after McKinley. Robin and I used to work together at the hospital and were officially acquainted during our hospital stay when McKinley was born. We had so much fun tonight watching the kids play like crazy. Savannah and McKinley particularly enjoyed our cell phones, the wonderful dinner Robin made us and the cupcakes we brought for dessert - a rare treat for McKinley, and I'm sure for Savannah too. The kids played with all kinds of toys, and McKinley got a real kick out of pushing around one of Savannah's babydoll strollers. Ha! Then he found a familiar site...a power wheels very similar to his own...only Barbie pink! He rode it around like a champ. Robin and I decided this summer will be lots of fun to take the kids outside (maybe on a park playdate?!) and let them ride their little power wheels all over the place. Won't that be something to see.
















It sure has been a fun week for our boy!
And I love that he wasn't afraid to play with something pink!




Lynn

No comments: