Lately, it seems that while we have so very much to be thankful for, we also have a lot to carry around right now too. It's been a difficult week, emotionally and we are looking forward to a better time of things...very, very soon.
We got a call from my mother-in-law that Cary's Grandmother (Mamaw) had suffered a heart attack. Though it was mild, she is ninety years old and the doctors were being very careful with her situation. She remained in the hospital for a few days, was released to her retirement community and is under a greater amount of care. She will be in physical therapy now because the heart attack made her very weak and she was unable to walk. When we went to see her yesterday, two of her grandsons made her get up and walk! Go Cary and Jimmy! She did so well and I think she really liked having those strapping young men at her side. Who wouldn't, right?!
Anyway, we are all very worried for Mamaw , she is in our prayers.
The same morning, Cary called me to tell me that LeRoi Moore died unexpectedly. LeRoi was the AWESOME saxophonist from Dave Matthews Band. If you know Cary and Lynn, you know that the Dave Matthews Band, or DMB are a huge part of our relationship. On our first date, I got in Cary's SUV and heard DMB playing! I knew we were good to go then. lol
Though it's not like we know LeRoi personally, we appreciated his talent and his contribution to the band just the same. So, we were pretty shocked.
LeRoi was involved in an ATV accident back in June (link to story here) and had many complications. Unfortunately, it ended his life and broke many hearts.
Then we learned that a friend from my childhood had lost his sister - whom I also knew from all those years ago. The story is so sad. This young woman was pregnant and died from complications of Pulmonary Hypertension. This disease is more common than most think, though each case is different and rare, it is actually very common in pregnant women.
I don't talk about it much, because most of the time people just 'don't know what to say' or whatever, but this awful disease is what I lost my Dad to nearly three years ago. It is a devastating disease, though I have never really met a disease that isn't...maybe that's why they named them DISEASES. Not a pleasant word. At any rate, this disease is complicated, can easily and commonly be misdiagnosed (as in my Dad's case) and is most certainly fatal if not found and treated in a timely fashion - oh, and it's also hereditary.
Later that morning, while walking into my Zumba class my Mom spotted one of my Dad's best friends in the store beside the studio. I hadn't seen him since the memorial service I held for Dad. Mom called him over and told him she had 'something to show him'. He LITERALLY RAN to the car and said he knew exactly what she wanted to show him. He opened up the door and met McKinley. He couldn't stay away, he was so excited to meet our boy! He said that he always wished that my Dad could have held on long enough for 'this' because there's nothing like it (referring to beinga Grandparent).
Me too...
So hearing all this really brought what I've been feeling since the wreck to the forefront. While I didn't exactly see my life flash before my eyes or anything...it was an EYE-OPENING experience for me. I seem to have those a lot - lol. It's like God's little reminder to continue to strive to be the best person I can be and love and appreciate my family and those who are still close to me.
Even more good news (sense the sarcasm) regarding the wreck...the Idiot has NEVER even bothered to call his insurance company back to give them his statement about the wreck. That was August 5th...come on! Oh, and they've added an additional $1000 in damages to the car and it will be the 2nd week of September before we see it again. And one last thing...evidently I have whiplash or something too. Our insurance company is making me see our family doc next week so I can be further evaluated. That stiff neck never went away, so whatever...blah. I'm ready for all of this to be over.
I'm sure my next post will be more positive...it has to be!
lol
Lynn
aka Debbie Downer
;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment